Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Issues with routing in BGP Lab

I am building a BGP demonstration lab, with four Autonomous Systems each with three routers. I am using VyOS for the routing, bringing up the routers with Vagrant and configuring them with Ansible. I have the routers set up and the BGP config somewhat working. I can see all the routes for all of the prefixes, but the actual routing table doesnt update. The next hop for the routes that aren't working are on subnets attached to the neighboring hosts, so it can see the route its just not making the connection.

Here is an Imgur album with network diagram, IP/BGP tables, and router configuration. Any help with this is greatly appreciated, I've been trying to get this to work for a few days now and have been tearing my hair out. This is my first time using VyOS, I typically use OPNsense but wanted the script-ability of the VyOS CLI.



No comments:

Post a Comment