Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Help with troubleshooting ISP service; only have access to client's ONT and my own laptop

Hello guys, really would appreciate some help. I'm working as an HeadEnd Technician for an ISP that's rn currently transitioning from HFC to Fiber. We are a franchise company and all our routers, OLTs, Mikrotiks, etc are configured remotely from another city. All I do is taking care of all electric, fiber cables, A/Cs and other physical elements of the HeadEnd, as well as helping from the HE when there is an optical node in construction or a fiber cut.

Recently our department have been assigned other function: We must visit all clients that complain about the internet speed. What are some test and tools I can use to discern the cause of packet loss, high latency, wireless problems and slow internet issues that I can make with only the client's ONT and my laptop or my smartphone. Any guidance, book, video, blog or tip you can give me will be highly appreciated. Please remember that I can't access any of the network devices on the Head end.

Thank you in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment