Thursday, November 4, 2021

HA LAN Setup Across Datacenters

Hello Everyone,

I need to wrap my head around some basic design and possibly choose routing protocols for a project. Basically we will have DC a and DC b which are connected together over a direct fiber link, with the intention that DC a will be primary site. DC b the backup site. At the WAN level failover between sites will be handled by BGP. My questions surround the lan side. I have two switches at each site and a fiber link connecting those switch pairs with a trunk between them. How do I go about setting up the Lan so that of site a goes down site b takes over in the same way almost like a mirrored config. What routing protocols should I use as well ospf or vrrp? Should I put all switches into a quad vrrp setup? I can provide any other details needed but I just wanted to throw something out to start.



No comments:

Post a Comment