Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Guidance on PTP/wireless bridge for non-profit

Hello everyone, I am looking for some guidance on a project for a local non-profit, looking to provide Ethernet and wifi to a few outbuildings 500-750ft away from their dmarc via a wireless bridge. We have clear line of sight and power at both ends but cannot run a hard line from dmarc to outbuildings, in addition I need local routing at the outbuildings in the event the bridge goes down.

Since I am doing this free of charge as a favor to the non-profit I would like to spend as little time implementing and troubleshooting as possible. We do have a budget for reasonable hardware provided by some other benefactors, I just need to help them decide and implement a plan.

My thoughts are:

ISP modem > ubiquiti edge router > ubiquiti nanobeam AC <> ubiquiti nanobeam AC > managed switch > endpoints

I’m not a huge ubiquiti fanboy but I do think their solutions would work well in this instance, but am absolutely open to other suggestions. Am I roughly on track? Greatly appreciate any input



No comments:

Post a Comment