Monday, November 15, 2021

Gigabit switch not handing out IP while Megabit switch is

Hi guys,

I’m farly new in networking (basic knowledge) and english is not my mother toung so i apologize for any mistakes.

I’ve been hired as an intern at this company since their IT quitted and i was hired as “junior IT for basic things” . This month has hell for me since we had a lot of issues with our internet connection. Long story short our AP were not handing out IP (We have a DHCP server installed on a server in HyperV). These AP we connected to a gigabit switch and when hell came loose i went to the server room and tried to connect to the gigabit switch so i can be on the same VLAN as the AP and reboot them, that switch did not give me an IP but the megabit one did. To reslove the issue i went at work on saturday created a new VLAN and at the DHCP server i created a new IP range /22 and connected all the AP to that switch. Can anyone give me a hand here and tell me why the switch wont hand out IP’s?

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment