Monday, November 22, 2021

Firewall died, replacement is going to be a week or so. Looking for a FOSS firewall/VPN solution that can do "dial up" style connections.

Hey everyone, I'm a sysadmin looking to cobble something together that will last a week tops!

It's been a Monday for sure!

We had a Fortigate dedicated as a phone vpn server. It had an IPSEC tunnel configured and our VPN phones can tunnel in to it. Similar to how a SonicWall GVC setup would work.

The fortigate is dead and I've tried to get a similar setup working with Pfsense and Opnsense with no luck. It seems the fortigate also took care of assigning virtual IPs to the connecting peers/phones as well.

You guys know a solution I can build to get us by? I can't think of any more firewall/vpn solutions off the top of my head that can do this sort of configuration like the fortigate could... I was able to build the tunnel with pfsense/opnsense but I couldn't quite figure out how to get the phone a private IP.

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment