Friday, November 5, 2021

Disabling Printer traffic by default

Good evening,

I'm new to the reddit and kind of new to networking. I took CCNP classes and currently testing for CCNA while working as an IT Desktop support role. One of the main issues I've run across in while working tickets is that we restrict ports from doing VoIP and Printing, and these have to be enabled on ports that only allow network connectivity for desktops. I'm curious as I never get a reasonable response from our network team. Is there any logistical reason to prevent a printer from being connected to any port? I feel like network connectivity should be restricted moreso than printing or VoIP. I'm just trying to understand why there's extra steps to move a networked printer that could seemingly be alleviated by just allowing printer traffic by default. Please help me understand more.



No comments:

Post a Comment