Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Dedicated Server for VMWare Workstation running GNS3

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to build a lab on a dedicated server which involved many devices (routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls). I currently have separate instances for firewall setups, load balancing setups, etc on my laptop, and it's just messy and my machine doesn't support everything running at the same time (not enough memory, cpu, etc).

I was just wondering if anyone has any complex setups with a lot of devices running simultaneously, and what recommendation they have to run it smoothly? I was thinking about getting a simple power edge like the below:

Poweredge T420
Dual Socket w 2x Xeon CPU E5-2407
32 GB Memory (may need upgrade to 64gb)
16x 2.5” Drive Slots w: 2x600GB 10,000 RPM HDD
sPERC H710P RAID Card

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment