Thursday, November 4, 2021

Cisco WLC 9800 CoA Vlan assignment from FreeRadius

Hello,

I am attempting to set up a Freeradius server using daloradius gui. Ive got the basics setup and auth is fine to my juniper switch, and router, etc so the last part is getting my WLAN users to auth through it. Currently everything is pointing to an Aruba Clearpass server however, im tired of applying new eval licenses ever 180 days.

Has anybody been able to get this type of setup working? It worked using clearpass just by sending:

Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = WLAN-VLAN-2

I set up the same attribute in freeradius and its authenticating but the vlan assignment is hitting my default vlan.

Tunnel-Type = VLAN

Tunnel-Medium-Type = 802

Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = WLAN-VLAN-2

Did a packet capture on the WLC and it all goes through but still no vlan assignment. I have tried with just the group id attribute, ive tried with just the vlan number instead of the name. The name is what worked with Clearpass.



No comments:

Post a Comment