Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Cisco 5506x EOL - move to FPR 1010

I am currently running a failover pair of ASA 5506X with very few issues. I was in the process of renewing the support and noticed the EOL on these boxes. While they can be covered for a few more years yet, I am wondering if I take the opportunity to move to the new FPR devices.

I have read that you have 2 choices, ASA mode of FTD mode. I am trying to understand what I might lose going either way. We don't have a large number of requirements, failover, 20+ VLANs, site to site VPN, virtual interfaces, ACLs.

As far as I read, I lose the CLI if I go with FTD, but does that still allow me to configure all of the above and what do I then gain from FTD over and above the ASA side of things.

For what it's worth, I will be running a pair of 1010 with sec plus.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment