Monday, November 22, 2021

Bonjour across an L3 Boundary

I am running into a bit of a brick wall, and I wonder what solutions this wonderful Brain-Trust has to offer.

I have been tasked with allowing users in our “Guest” network to see and print to devices in our “Secure” network and to be discoverable via AirPrint. No big deal, right?

We are a Cisco shop. The locations for this request run on 2960X or 9K switches, 4K ISRs, IOS Firewall, 3802 or 9130 APs in FlexConnect, Centralized WLC, DMVPN to Core.

Here’s the rub:

· I can’t turn on mDNS snooping since no actual traffic will hit the controller meaning the services table will never populate.

· I can’t enable mDNS-AP since the APs are in FlexConnect.

· I can’t rely on multicast routing since Bonjour’s TTL=1. (or CAN I get away with this using PIM?)

· I don’t believe that placing a gateway appliance at each location is the most scalable solution.

Are there other options that I haven’t thought of? Any help is greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment