Sunday, November 21, 2021

Anyone use Astaro Gateway / Sophos at the workplace?

I have a humbling question.

If my employer uses Astaro/Sophos to filter their Wifi. I'm curious as to how much of my browsing history/activity is visible to my employer as I use the reddit app throughout the day. Can they see the subreddits I visit, every meme, every image, all my posts, all my upvotes, everything I search for?

I've spent more time browsing in the reddit app recently, sometimes for hours a day. My feeds are full of a variety of content some work appropriate some not. One subreddit in particular is a private support group I'd rather my employer not know about. Every once in a while I forget to disconnect from the wifi if I intend to browse social media or reddit thus leaving open a spot for my employer to see my history.

If they are using Astaro/Sophos to filter Wifi, can they see everything to the very fine detail? Please note that searching has been done on the IOS Reddit app. Also, there is no MIIM software on my phone.

I've taken advice from other forums to always be under assumption that employers can see everything you can do when connected to their wifi.



No comments:

Post a Comment