Thursday, November 11, 2021

Any reason the Mellanox SN2700 32x100G switch is much cheaper to buy 2nd hand cp,[ared to other competitor switches?

**compared

Long story short, I'm working with a very small office (about 4/5 workstation PCs total) and we can benefit from a 100G switch in the future with our workloads (with PCI 4 and 5, storage speeds are. I'm looking at 2nd hand switches and the Mellanox SN2700 has a lot of availability right now and is relatively well-priced (about 2000 for 32 ports of 100G with their Spectrum ASIC). Anything 2nd hand from eBay with >8 100G QSFP28 ports seems to often be at least double or triple the price. I'm fairly familiar with MLNX-OS but not yet with Cumulus., so I'm wondering...

Is there something I'm missing here or is this a pretty good deal? Why are the Mellanox SN2700 switches so much cheaper compared to Arista / Cisco / Juniper 2nd hand switches?



No comments:

Post a Comment