Monday, October 25, 2021

Wireless question(s)

Hi all

I am newer to the WiFi game out there and I'd like to do some preliminary research prior to seeking out a consultant to assess the space. I'm going to be deploying WiFi in an about 400,000 square foot warehouse. Obviously we are talking about a decent number of access points. A good amount of the space will be freezer space as well. I know most AP's won't be rated to survive that but if there are some brands that have a more rugged model I'd appreciate pointers.

I've used the Meraki AP's with great success, but I am not necessarily a Meraki lover. I want to do some searching of other products. I always hear about Ruckus and their products being great, and then I hear even more about Aruba being wonderful. My reading suggests that Mist leaves a lot to be desired and is very expensive. Is there any other product you think I should add to my list for DD? I want to make sure when the consultant comes in and makes recommendations I have some knowledge of the big brands out there so I can assess their recommendation.

I've had enough Ubiquiti for a life time already :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment