Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Why do we only learn Cisco in schooling?

Maybe this is just me, but I've been on the path of Computer Network Management (Degree title) for the past few years. Grad HS in 2020, went to a tech school the last two years. Got my CCNA. Learned all about cisco this cisco that, in the cisco networking academy. Entered university as a junior, guess what? Cisco networking academy. I've never touched anything but cisco or soho equipment. Juniper, Palo Alto, Aruba, Fortinet, all these things I've heard of but never used or interacted with. Is it just because Cisco has the most funding?? they already have their foot in the door everywhere so it's just easiest to make everyone learn Cisco?

Would it be advantageous to me to buy used hardware from other vendors and just play around with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment