Sunday, October 24, 2021

What IP address should I set for my routers & switches

For context, I'm doing a networking project for my school which requires us to create a network for a small business.

My network architecture is going to be a 2-Tier Network structure.

1x Router will connect to both L3 Switch.

2x L3 Switches will be working together. (Distribution Layer)

6x L2 Switches will be on their own subnets each supporting end users from different departments & all 6x L2 switches would each connect to both L3 Switches. (Access Layer)

The question I have is, can I use any IP address from any of the subnets I've created for the departments as the IP address for my L3 Switch & Routers or do I have to create an entire subnet for the L3 switch & Routers?

Some additional questions I have is, as I link up both L3 Switch, Do I have to do any other configurations or is it going to be a plug & play?

I'm pretty new to networking so apologies if this seems too basic



No comments:

Post a Comment