Friday, October 29, 2021

Video Playback on remote cameras not working on Corp network - It does work on Guest Network

Pulling my hair out here over an issue I've been troubleshooting, and just need any possible directions to look.

We have internal users that are able to view remote cameras in cars through a website in chrome. The website works absolutely flawlessly EXCEPT for live video playback. For whatever reason it starts to load the live feed, and then the screen will just flicker a black/grey and do nothing. You can view old playback from remote SD cards no problem, but live viewing is a no-go. If I switch to our unrestricted guest network, it works without issue.

I have combed through every wireshark pcap and firewall log to write down any IP address I see during video playback on BOTH corp and guest networks. I have whitelisted everything I can possibly whitelist according to the vendor.

Aside from the firewall we do have two edge security appliances, and I've checked all the IP ranges in those and no issue. I even removed one of the security appliances temporarily to see if that would help, and it didnt.

What kind of issues have people run into when dealing with remote live viewing of a camera?



No comments:

Post a Comment