Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Using HAProxy load balancer with apache web server

I have 2 web apps on cloud both serving the same content and everything else is identical. Both currently have their own APache web servers set up, when I visit the website using the IP the web servers there serve the content.

Now I want to have HAProxy in between so that the request first is processed by the load balncer then forwarded to my either of the machine which then can process the request. Also I will setup the same database for both of my machines to use.

I need blog/videos/detailed answer explaining the theory, with the help of some diagram and how exactly this will work. For eg if I configure HAProxy do I still need to run Apache/Nginx on both of my machine etc

In Summary :

I was trying to setup a load balancers in front of my web servers to redirect the request to any one of the machines. I know Nginx itself can do that. But I wanted to use HAProxy load balancer for the same. I have 2 machines on cloud serving the websites, independently using the IP address of the individual machines. Now I want to have a load balancer that will first receive the request and then forward the same to any of my 2 machines having same django code, basically I want to make my system distributed.

How can I achieve the same?



No comments:

Post a Comment