Friday, October 1, 2021

Searching for a new business class, simple-ish router

I hope this is OK to post here.

I'm looking for a business router that supports the following and does not have WiFi. Going for a smaller form factor, and will handle WiFi with APs.

Needs to be able to support OpenVPN

Needs to be able to support Port Forwarding with the ability to whitelist IPs and block all other traffic

Needs to be able to disable the DHCP of the LAN ports

The two routers I've been using are the Ubiquiti ERX and ERX-Lite3, however they are becomming much too difficult to acquire.

I was looking at the TPLink ER605, however its a bit vague if you can whitelist IPs using its "Virtual Servers" for port forwarding. It doesn't appear so. There is also mention that you have to use their Cloud Management tools to setup OpenVPN. I'd like to be able to setup everything locally or with a config file.



No comments:

Post a Comment