Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Public IP for a new DMVPN/mGRE network

In situations where you're peering with one or more ISP using their /30s (or whatever uplink IP space they tell you) and you're advertising out your own public IP space to them, which IP should be used for spoke sites? It seems odd to use a tunnel source on an IP/interface that's not egress, but using a carriers IP or an IP that isn't yours feels like you'd run into issues down the road if you ever have to change the NHRP address.

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to even advertise my own public space. I'm assuming that using a public few IPs in the internet edge for connectivity between routers/firewalls (I think in a lot of cases the firewall is handling NAT and the router is there to just route) and advertising the public IP space within the BGP routing process is the general way, but I've been told to put public IPs on loopbacks at the internet edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment