Thursday, October 21, 2021

Packet loss to HyperV VM

Hey everyone,

To preface this, I am more sysadmin than networking guy, but as the sole guy here it is up to me to figure this out.

We run an application from an SMB share (Server 2019 VM), looking at the traffic between these two devices there are frequent "TCP Previous segment not captured" then generally about 100 Dup ACK packets back and forth with "TCP Out-Of-Order", "TCP Fast Retransmission" sprinkled around among them.

This will happen about 15 times when trying to open 1 window inside of this application, and I am pretty sure this is the reason this application runs so slow. It seems like it only happens when running this app, copying files back/forth, RDP, etc does not produce these kind of packet issues.

I am assuming this is not normal operation, but I don't know enough about the real nitty gritty to know where to look next.

https://i.imgur.com/eJRFY9n.png



No comments:

Post a Comment