Friday, October 15, 2021

OSPF + MPLS core but build on IPv6

Hi,

i have experience with MPLS core with IPv4 OSPF in my ISP network design. I am quite happy with it and I use all nice features of MPLS. One of best is ipv6 labeled unicast. It made me really happy when implementing ipv6 dual stack on PE routers, less work in core and it works excelent.

I will be designing new datacenter network on newest arrista boxes. And i've had that idea to build core strictly on IPv6. And I have a questions:

- is there somthing as IPv4 labeled unicast? Did anybody acutaly used it

- is MPLS LDP protocol even work with OSPFv3 and ipv6?

Or am I totaly wrong and should be sticking with what I know and use traditional IPv4 core?

Sorry for my bad english. And thanks for your suggestions!



No comments:

Post a Comment