Monday, October 4, 2021

Network Infrastructure Design Help

Hey Everybody,

I'm going to preface this with the fact that this is all theory. But I've been tasked with creating a network infrastructure for a new company, sticking to cisco hardware 100% if possible.

I have a main HQ in 1 part of the country, the DR/Backup site in another part, and 4 smaller sites to all interconnect. 6 sites total.
I would primarily like to stick with Cisco devices if possible.

I'm trying to design a resilient core/distribution/access for the main hq. The sites are all connected via dark fiber mpls, with dsl as a backup. Each site will also need two ISP connections as well, so all in, each site will have 4 connections.

There's approximately 175 people at each site, I would essentially be mirroring the setup designed for HQ to the DR/Backup site.

Each site will require a firewall, and wireless access points. The data center located at HQ will be where all the primary traffic goes.

I'm just looking for some assistance in deciding what hardware to use and where it would fit in the topology. I was thinking nexus 9000 series for the distribution at HQ and DR/Backup sites, would a single nexus be sufficient for redundancy due to the dual supervisors and multiple psu's, or would multiple still be required? Cisco ASR's for my core, what should my smaller sites look like for a topology? Just an ASR connected to a stack of layer3/2 switches, with a wireless ap attached?

Any help is appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment