Thursday, October 21, 2021

Moving on-prem VoIP/PBX to hosted SaaS solution - will it increase bandwidth usage?

Hi all,

I have trouble figuring this out, since I'm not strong in networking or VoIP.

We are considering decommissioning our local PBX/VoIP server and moving to a hosted VoIP solution.

How will this affect the bandwidth usage? Will it increase since the PBX will be located at the providers network? Or will the network-usage just stay the same?

In my head the SIP-connections / usage would probably be the same, only difference is that the routing will go through the providers PBX and from there the SIP-trunk. So my guess it that latency will increase a bit, but bandwidth? I really can't figure it out.

Hope my question makes sense. I just want to know if we might have to upgrade our internet-connection if we do this.

Thank you :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment