Saturday, October 23, 2021

Looking for old book

Back in 2003/2004 I was a young network admin for a small ISP and I had this book. It was a thick tome, around 800 pages, with an absurdly colorful cover for a time dominated by O'reilly's animal covers. I had found my copy at Barnes & Noble. I can not, for the life of me, remember the title or publisher, and I long ago lost my copy.

This book was a godsend. It had plain english explanations of networking concepts and design, as well as step-by-step examples for implimentation. While doubtlessly out of date nearly 20 years later, I often find myself wishing I still had it.

I know my description is light, but if this rings a bell for anyone, I'd love to be reminded of the title. Every few months I go back into search mode and always come back empty handed. Thank you to anyone who can take a moment to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment