Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Looking for advise on design software, what do you use?

Right now I'm doing top level design only, or that's what we can it. I've been doing everything in visio and have been putting in all of my switches, routers, servers, and other appliances and showing ambiguous lines that describe nothing more than X connects to Y but I'm going to be doing more of what you might call layer one design too now. I'll need to show lengths of cable runs, more details on which cables connect to which spots in patch panels and I'll be overlaying most of this with maps of our sites. I'm looking into using autocad because that's what I'm familiar with for things like general wirediagrams and many engineers use it as a standard but I was hoping to hear what others use and find helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment