Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Learning Novell NetWare in 2022?

I am working on a Network Administration degree and I noticed that next semester I will be taking a course called "Network Administration Novell NetWare". The course description is as follows:

"Preparation to effectively manage a Novell NetWare network. Topics include network components, user accounts and groups, network file systems, file system security, and network printing. "

Why are we learning about a network operating system that was discontinued 7 or so years ago? Is NetWare something I will realistically run into in the wild, or is the course maybe just using NetWare to teach the basics of managing a network?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

Here is a link to the full degree plan if anyone is willing to evaluate its usefulness:

https://www6.austincc.edu/cms/site/www/catalog/programmaps/programmap.php?ap=6646&aos=COSIS&yr=2022

I would hate to be wasting my time



No comments:

Post a Comment