Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Juniper MX240 : pic has no CoS queuing

I'm migrating a configuration from a Juniper MX104 to a MX240 which has the MPC Type 2 3D card installed and then a 4 x 10Gb MIC card in that.

I figured it would be pretty much like for like and it was largely.

What i've now noticed when trying to setup a circuit is that the MX240 doesn't like my class-of-service config. Or at least it doesn't believe the built in PIC is capable of it which I find hard to believe.

When I try to apply a class-of-service to an interface I get the below error:

[edit class-of-service interfaces xe-2/0/1 unit 2003] 'output-traffic-control-profile' cannot configure traffic control profile (pic has no CoS queuing)

From trying to find answers a possible fix seems to be to enable traffic-manager which I've done as below:

set chassis fpc 2 pic 0 traffic-manager mode ingress-and-egress

However it hasn't made a difference and I still get the same error?

Surely the MPC card on the MX240 can do what the MIC card on the MX104 can?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment