Saturday, October 30, 2021

ISP gave /30 Subnet

I am setting up a network for a small office. The ISP installed a router and leased a /30 subnet. The 2 usable ip addresses are:

.85 - Router Address .86 - Usable address

Management wants 24 VOIP phones connected to 48 port POE switch

Separate Wireless access point w/ DHCP configured for 180 BYOD.

I'm reading a /30 Subnet is for Point-to-Point. I'm understanding that I would need more usable addresses for a maximum of 254 addresses. Is there anything I've overlooked, as to why the ISP only gave a single /30 subnet for the company? I'm sure management communicated the network setup that they want implemented to the ISP. Should I call ISP and request another /24 Network? Or is there another way to configure this?



No comments:

Post a Comment