Tuesday, October 26, 2021

IPv6 BGP session stuck in open sent. Anyone here using tunnelbroker.ch?

Is anyone using tunnelbroker.ch here? I literally try for three days to get a working IPv4 BGP session. With IPv6 everything works but for IPv4, no matter which options I use I receive an immediate TCP FIN,ACK after the OPEN message from the endpoint.

I have tried any conceivable option and setting (my endpoint is Mikrotik if that matters).

I have even intercepted and decoded the OPEN message and it is exactly correct:

  • Marker=16x FF
  • Length=45
  • Type=1(OPEN)
  • Version=4
  • MyAS=AS_TRANS
  • HoldTime=180
  • BGP Identifier=MyIP
  • OptParamsLen=16
  • Optional Parameter: 2(Capability); Length=14
    • Route Refresh Capability
    • Support for 4-octet ASN Capability
      • my 32 bit ASN
    • Multi Protocol extensions capability
      • AFI: (1) IPv4
      • SAFI: (1)Unicast

My only explanation is that tunnelbroker.ch is broken. And only the IPv4 BGP part.

Hence my hope that someone here is using this and can confirm/disconfirm.

Or give me any advice what else I could try.



No comments:

Post a Comment