Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Internet disconnects for a few seconds every few hours

Hiya networking gurus,

I've got this weird problem where my cable wired internet would drop off for like 10 seconds and then come back on, at first it was not noticeable but now its every few hours and every time it happens i gotta re-connect to databases or relogin to whatever external resource im logged into, it drives me nuts. Now an engineer will come tomorrow to check my setup which is router and 15m cable to my pc but i doubt it will find anything. So problems could be my cable, router or pc. PC has standard rj45 port and all network drives are up to date, at least according to windows. Anyway without guessing the problem is there an app or a way to identify why these disconnects occur? Some kind of logging or monitoring would be perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment