Wednesday, October 13, 2021

How to get in

Hey everyone!

I'm completing my final semester to get my Associates degree in Internetworking Management and another in Cyber Security.

As for experience, I've been volunteering for a local nonprofit's IT and do work for the family business. Other things/projects here and there.

IT positions locally aren't the easiest to come by, especially in networking. I would really rather have something remote too. The other thing is pay...I can get any position at BestBuy making $15+ whereas many positions I've come across are that or mainly lower.

I have applied for a few large organizations (enterprise level) and my application is generally denied super early in the morning (I usually apply late at night) or I never hear from them. The smaller orgs I found interviewed me and usually went with someone, one of them straight up didn't like me at all and the body language showed during the interview. 🤷‍♂️

How can I find a position with a company that will actually interview me rather than deny my application without having the time to actually go over it? Most of the positions I've applied for are T1 help desk. But again, if I can get something entry level in networking I'd be much happier. No problem working up the ladder though either.

Edit: I have my A+, Network+, and Security+ certifications.



No comments:

Post a Comment