Thursday, October 21, 2021

Dell Z9100-ON 10GbE breakout configuration help

I purchased a cable from fs.com part #48770 and I'm trying to get it working with my Dell Z9100-ON switch. I see the laser light coming out of the breakout fibers (and they're on the correct side), but doesn't link when I plug any of them into a workstation. Perhaps I don't have the Dell port configured properly? I used this command to reconfigure the 100GbE port: "stack-unit 1 port 21 portmode quad speed 10G" and now I do see interface TenGigabitEthernet 1/21/1 through 1/21/4 available in the switch config. I set them to "no ip address", "switchport", and "no shutdown" (keeping it simple for now). But I still don't get a link light when plugged in. The workstation is definitely not the problem and it works fine when I plug into a different 10GbE switch. Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment