Monday, October 4, 2021

Connecting Two Offices with Site-to-Site VPN?

Hi.

I'm currently doing my first networking related course at university and have an assignment to create a network topology for a business. This business has a main office with 40 users that needs to be able to privately communicate with a production office of 10 users more than 200km away. The production office has stable internet connection. My question is would connecting these two offices by a site-to-site vpn be viable? My main concern is there will be too much traffic for the VPN to handle but I'm not sure. As far as I can tell using this website https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/vpn-gateway it should be able to handle the amount of users. The main reason I'm steering towards VPN is to save on cost as apposed to using MPLS or private ethernet services.

What are you thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment