Saturday, October 30, 2021

ASR920 port down even though LEDs are green and remote end says link up

Hi all, I have a bit of a headscratcher here.

We have two ASR920 that we use for BGP peering with our ISPs, we're in the middle of setting up a new set of Fortigate firewalls and I'm having issues connecting them to the ASRs.

When connecting the devices I get green LEDs all-round and the fortigates mark the links 1000fdx, but no traffic is passed, the LEDs are solid green, no activity. If I look at show int gi0/0/x the port and protocol is marked as down, not errdisable or anything just down.

I've tried to shutdown the ports overnight, but it made zero difference, I've also tried to place a switch between the devices again with zero success.

On the ASRs the ports are in a basic ethernet service instance, same config as the ports to our current checkpoint firewalls.

The ASRs are licenced for 24x1G + 4x10G, so it shouldn't be a licensing issue.

I originally tried with the 10G SFP+ interfaces, but I'm having practically the same issue with the copper 1G ports.

Let me know if you need any config from either the ASRs or the FGs.



No comments:

Post a Comment