Thursday, October 7, 2021

ASA 5506 VoIP Service Nextiva Not Stable.

Howdy All,

I have been tasked with investigating a long term issue(Several months). Of five sites the HQ has been reporting since the migration to the new phone service several symptoms have arisen.

  • Random call drops.(Unable to replicate)
  • Phone unregistering for short amounts of time.
  • Phone will ring inbound, once answered no audio is heard or received on the far end as well.(Unable to replicate)

None of this has caused an outage to production but the longer NetOps does nothing about this the more irate the client becomes. I'm attempting to do some RCA in an area I'm weak in.

That said I have done the following.

  • Investigated Nextiva ASA configuration guide.(All ACL's and SIP inspection disabled). I confirmed all five sites had the same configuration in regards to the VoIP requirements.
  • Confirmed QoS is enabled for VoIP traffic.
  • Confirmed priority-queue enabled.
  • Investigated dropped/discarded packets on interface(nominal).
  • Worked with Nextiva support.(No additional insight)
  • Worked with ISP support.(No additional insight)

Is there something definitive I should be checking? Or a show/place to look on the router for more information on a specific counter I should reference?

How would you approach this systemic issue?



No comments:

Post a Comment