Friday, October 8, 2021

Are there devices which use virtual addressing/translation for links

I have a Artnet Node that used for translating Lighting data from Artnet (IP based packets) to dmx data. In lighting, the most common Artnet device IPs are in the 2.0.0.0/8 and the 10.0.0.0/8 range.

The device that I have only seems to be able to be set with IPs in the 2.0.0.0/8 range. I don't particularly want to put my computer in the 2.0.0.0/8 range; and was just wondering what is best practice in this scenario?

I don't think I can use a NAT device to avoid this. But is there a device/router that can take packets destined to say 10.6.103.56 and send it along a link to 2.0.0.1 or something? While packets originally destined to 2.0.0.1 are still routed correctly?



No comments:

Post a Comment