Thursday, September 30, 2021

Wireshark setup to capture HTTPS

I'm trying to troubleshoot a performance issue with an application for a client. This application sends HTTPS calls which I can see in Fiddler. Unfortunately the client uses ZScaler which doesn't allow Fiddler as proxy. There's a workaround for this but client would prefer not implementing this.

I thought of using Wireshark but I can't seem to get it to capture HTTPS?

Testing on my own machine, if I load an HTTP website in the browser I can see entries, if HTTPS no entries.

Then if I load the application in question on my own machine in HTTP, I still cannot see anything logged. The client has the same application but with added security (HTTPS) but I can't seem to log HTTP traffic locally let alone HTTPS. I know the calls do go through as they're logged by Fiddler (which I've closed while testing Wireshark).

Is this possible to achieve?



No comments:

Post a Comment