Saturday, September 25, 2021

VxLAN lab | Understanding physical connectivity in real world from Host to Leaf

Hello everyone,

I am trying to understand VxLAN(very early days) and I haven't been able to get a 'visual picture' of how devices are connected in real-world environment.

I am hoping someone can point me to the right article, or even better, give a brief idea on how devices are actually connected.

This is the topology I am working on.

My Topology

I keep on seeing designs/intros where they say there is no leaf to leaf connectivity.

What I am trying to understand is, how do they then achieve redundancy on server?

My ESXis have 4 network ports.

For redundancy, lets say I connect 2 ports to Leaf-1 and 2 ports to Leaf-2.

Then the next step would be to create a vPC.

But how can you create vPC without connecting Leaf-1 to Leaf-2 on east-west direction?



No comments:

Post a Comment