Wednesday, September 8, 2021

VPN connection is slow as molasses. UniFi USG

Our office setup is all UniFi hardware, using a USG and G2 plus controller with ver 6.1.7 I configured VPN access but VPN connections are ridiculously slow. Unusable for anything.

I have tried both PPTP and L2TP configurations and get the same results. The office has a 1GB synchronous fiber connection. We move large files using aspera without issue. At home I have a 400/50 connection but while its a consumer network, it is on the same ISP as the office.

When I connect to the VPN I cannot even transfer a small file across the network, browser based speed test usually fails to connect and when it does it comes in less than 1 Mbps.

RDP connections to systems on my office network barely work. I really don't see anything from a configuration standpoint that should be causing this kind of issue.

Conversely Chrome Remote Desktop works fine when I'm not connected to the VPN. I'm really at a loss for ideas and I'm hoping someone here has encountered this kind of problem before and has an idea. Recently updated all the UniFi firmware too.

Is this a known problem with UniFi USG?



No comments:

Post a Comment