Saturday, September 25, 2021

Tiny Site-to-site Recommendations?

Need to set up a STS for a very small business, looking for something budget friendly.

Use case: Two single-person offices with network resources on either end that need to be securely accessible to both users.

Ideal solution: A device or software package that is capable of a split-tunnel site-to-site vpn while also serving as primary router/firewall on either end. A GUI wouldn't hurt my feelings, but am open to whatever. If I was performing this without checking for external suggestions, I'd probably use VyOS. I've used it before and while I didn't explicitly use the VPN it offers, I'm sure it probably supports STS. Checking here though because networking isn't my primary job function and I don't keep up to date on it as well as a dedicated engineer would.

Bonus points: Budget friendly wi-fi mesh solution that will work with the above and support wifi-6.

Thanks friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment