Saturday, September 11, 2021

The issue is RTNETLINK answers: Device or resource busy error

Hi All. It's crosspost u/linuxadmin, I felt so embarrassed that I couldn't resolve an issue. Basically, the issue is one of our servers (Intel S2600ST new servers installed with Ubuntu 20.04) isn't having an internet connection, this system is set with a static IP address. So when I received a call this morning telling me that the system is having a network issue, when I physically visit the data center to check the issue, I don't see any issue with the cable or the switch connection. when I enter "ip a s" all the interfaces are down, so I cat ou the "/etc/netplan/00-netplan.yaml" to see which interface was used to have set the static IP, it was enps0f1 was set to have the static IP. so I tried to bring the interface up by "ip link set enps0f1 up" whenever I enter this command in the console, I get an output as "RTNETLINK answers: Device or resource busy" but if I type "ip link set enps0f1 down" since it is already in downstate there is no output. I tried to reboot the machine but there is no use. Does anyone have a solution for this? Your help me much appreciated.

This is how the static IP configuration is set: /etc/netplan/00***.yaml file . This is just an example IP address. this configuration setting was done by my colleague while setting up the system. Since I don't see the dhcp4 set to no, I edited the file and set dhcp4: no and renderer: networkd, saved the file and applied the changes sudo netplan apply, the configuration is applied no error is found then when entered sudo ip link set enps0f1 up didn't work. tried to restart the networkd service but say's no netword.service found.

network:

version: 2

ethernets:

enps0f1:

addresses:

- 192.168.0.10/27

gateway4: 192.168.1.1

nameservers:

addresses:

- 8.8.8.8

I also tried: Sudo netplan apply, there is no issue but when I enter: Sudo ip link set enps0f1 up, the same RTNETLINK answers: Device or resource busy error.



No comments:

Post a Comment