Thursday, September 16, 2021

Tcpdump For Juniper/Junos SRX300

Is there any way I can see packets being sent to a SRX300 firewall? I have the SRX300 connected to the internet on untrust interface ge-0/0/2. I'm running "monitor traffic interface ge-0/0/2" and then using netcat from another device on the internet to send test packets to it. I tried interface ge-0/0/2.0 as well.

But the SRX300 is not showing any of the traffic being sent to it.

So I got crazy and couldn't let this go. I set up a workstation with 2 NICs and ran a live BSD OS. Configured it as a transparent bridge and re-wired the ethernet cables through it so I could see what was going across the wire to the SRX300.

The BSD transparent bridge is showing all the traffic I'm sending with netcat. Every port TCP and UDP. Correct destination IP, correct source IP. But the SRX300 isn't showing anything.

Is there some command I'm not aware of that will show me what I want? I know "show security flow session" isn't what I want.



No comments:

Post a Comment