Thursday, September 9, 2021

Stop data buffering somewhere in a connection with WireGuard VPN and cellular networks

Hello, I have a setup like this:
PC behind a NAT, connected to a WireGuard VPN server hosted in a GCP and another PC connected via cellular network to the same VPN.

Sometimes, when the GSM connection is marginal, or it drops all together I experience something like a packet buffering. I can observe it when pinging a remote PC: I don't get any response, and after a while my console is spammed with all buffered packets (I can see no drops in `icmp_seq`). I also have a `mjpeg` stream, that gets delayed by a whooping 10-20 seconds!

The question is: where is the data stored, and is there a way to stop the buffering? My knowledge is limited, so please point me in to the right direction :)



No comments:

Post a Comment