Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Staging Area Setup (UAT)

Hi Guys, I have a requirement of setting up a staging area for test environment.

Basic requirement is

  • not have communication between Production and staging area.
  • Staging Area to reside on same L3 switch.
  • Actual requirement of /24 subnet no more than that. Utilization will not exceed more than 20 IP's

Current Setup:

  • 2 TOR Catalyst 9500 switch (acting as Core Switch) [Interconnected over 2 40G ports in LACP]
  • 1 Mgmt Catalyst 9200 switch.

Query:

  • How can I design a staging Area where these requirements get fulfilled.?

My Planning/Thoughts:

  • I am thinking to configure a separate VRF for staging area and keep the production network on global vrf and have separation in this way.

Any suggestions are welcome, thank you in advance.

Apologies, if this query seems a bit noob. I have taken a role of Lead recently and this part comes along with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment