Saturday, September 18, 2021

Point to point connection via tunnel

To start I deal with more of defensive and offensive security, so while I can understand the networking aspects some, they are not my primary knowledge base.

I am in the process of designing a training network involving two forested domains with extremely limited access between the both. Here is a rough break down.. Forest 1's domain will have an overarching dc with 2 child domains (a & b). Each child domain will also have a separate file sever and dc. Under each child domain will be several pcs. Forest 2 will be it's own domain with a single dc and separate file server with several pcs.

The idea is to grant selective authentication trust for a single domain admin from forest 2 dc to forest 1 dc. That will be pretty much the only access between the forests with 1 other alternative.

The access I am trying to figure out is a pc to pc connection from Forest 1, child domain b, pc 3 to forest 2, pc 2. I am hoping to set up a one way trust for a single user that can only be accessed via tunnel. Forest 2 will not be able to access Forest 1 via this route at all.

Please share any links or knowledge on this process or let me know if I need to draw anything out and provide more information.



No comments:

Post a Comment