Thursday, September 2, 2021

Help require with inter vlan multicast routing on IE2000 series switches

Hi Everyone, Hope you are doing well. I require some help with multicast routing between vlans.

Scenario: I am using 2 nos. IE2000 switches in network which are connected to ws-c3650-24ts.

I enabled the pim sparse mode on all switches with rp point at c3650-24ts. But that not worked with laptop connected at ie2000 on different locations.

All the communication at talking about is about multicast. Unicast is working fine in all cases.

Then I connected 2 laptops on c3650-24ts with two different vlans then that worked.

The for second experiment I connected 2 laptops on same ie2000 switch with different vlan. But it failed.

The 3rd experiment I did, connected the 2 laptops in same vlan on same switch ie2000 it worked. Multicasting is ok.

I tried configuring the same switch in dense mode also but still same result.

Request you to please let know what to do.

License is already there in all switches.



No comments:

Post a Comment