Friday, September 10, 2021

Failover ISP with single IP on HA setup.

Switch-Router Diagram Most likely SonicWall routers (am a pF guy but don't really have a say).

Sonicwall docs say HA can be setup with or without WAN Management IPs (without you loose NTP sync). The Primary ISP has /29 subnet so they will have them.

ISP2 is just a backup cellular connection (Logitech modem) with a single IP, do I need to do anything special on the ISP2 switch to make this work?

I seen This this pfsense single IP workaround, they use internal IPs on the same subnet for the management IPs (WAN IP) and use the real WAN ip for the CARP IP. - Supposedly wont work with DHCP which I think I'll have to use on the cellular connection. Assuming Sonicwall has the same limitation maybe I'll have to double NAT ISP2 into both routers (Double NAT is frowned on i know, but for backup ISP seems ok?)

Need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment