Saturday, September 18, 2021

Experiences with Honeypots (for a school-project)

Hi Guys

Saw, that quetions like mine pop up from time to time, however it wasn't exactly what I was looking for, therefore asking my own questions now..For a school project I want to setup a small Honeypot environment. In order to evaluate different possible solutions I would like to have some real-life experiences and maybe even real-life examples from different setups.

I'm looking for both high- or low-interaction honeypots as well as "appliances" like FortiDeceptor or whatever fancy marketing-names these devices have. So my questions are:

  • What (if any) software do you use for your low-interaction honeypot?
  • What Tools do you use to "observe" your high interaction honeypot?
  • Do you maybe even have a appliance / complete solution as high interaction honeypot? *Do you have experience with a appliance like FortiDeceptor or any other vendor?

I'm primarily thinking about honeypots in the enternal network to decept and/or reveal some malicious activity.I know that there are other and probably even better options - which I'll certainly mention in my project, but as I had to chose a specific topic for the school-project so I'm all in on Honeypots :)

I'm open and thankful for all opinions, experiences and discussions!



No comments:

Post a Comment