Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Does Loop Protect Protocol work with Port-Security ?

Hello everyone,

I'm working for a company which wants to change its network equipment.

We are changing old aruba by aruba 6100. We are also changing network link, we remove network interconnection and we connect the switches to two network cores with fibres.

We don't need STP anymore, so I'm configuring Loop-Protect on every switches to prevent network Loop. I also want to increase the network security by implanting Mac port-Secuirty.

The problem is when I configure Port-Security on every port, Loop-Protect doesnt detect any loop anymore. When I disable Port-Security, it works again.

My conclusion is that Loop-Protection doesn't work with Port-Security, is that normal ?

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks !



No comments:

Post a Comment